Mildew, Serial Milk, Cordial at Quai des Brumes, 01/08/2026

 I arrived at the venue around 7:00pm. My mind was well unaware of the upcoming side effects of a microdose of shrooms, recommended by a good doctor who'd told me it could fix my dance issues on the dancefloor.Should you ever happen to have lazy uncoordinated feets, I can now guarantee you that no drugs could fix such problems. I'm making sure everything is going according to plans, since I was organizing the night, the space on stage was very limited, thus I had to plan and reassure everything would work. Back in the 60's a lot of bands would've fought making sure they got their amps on stage, but luckily, in 2026 violence has been alienated and talking it out was the solution. An hour before the show starts, Matteo, singer and guitarist for Mildew, asks me if he can smash his guitar on stage. I look at him and respond, '' It's your show, you are the pilot, fuck whatever they say, fuck the rules, fuck everything, it's all about impressing the spectators, do what has to be done. If GG Allen could shit onstage and cut himself, you definitely should allow yourself to break a guitar onstage and fuck shit up." By the time the doors had open, I felt quite tensed and my temperature was all over the place. I finally remembered why parents advice children not to do drugs.

By Thomas St-Pierre

7h30 rings, Mildew are setting up the final details of their set and hop they get on with the show. A last sip of misunderstanding flies by and the first notes are issued. Not everyone in the room knows the band and as their doomy yet melodic Sabbath-like chords come upon the crowd, many are pleased. Heads are swaying and feets stumble. The current lineup including Hervé on bass and Marc-Antoine on drums brings a refreshing tone and groove to their music, allowing Matteo to focus on his vocal delivery, tightening the who riff and singing all the while engaging with the crowd between songs. Their set is short, but it's a massive blow! While their sound is more melodic and abstract, there's a Kobanesque aura that stays, a self-destructive end of set with guitars blowing up and musicians restling on stage, microphones going right to left and stands falling to the ground. The crowd is speechless, the following bands know they've got to ride that wave. Outside, after the cleanup, everyone tells me they were great, although for many, it isn't the type of music they listen to. 

Taken by Noemie Lalancette

Back in after smoking countless cigarettes, Serial Milk are about to start. For the night, they've got a new song and a Harry Styles cover that is new to their set. Back when I first saw them, a cover of Pink Floyd was played, but I wasn't convinced. But their new cover of Harry Styles is a definitive yes! A reminder that Louis-Joseph's voice is beautiful while also having a better reach to a crowd that might be a tad bit pop liking. Their set was magnificient and greatly adored. Their new song was refreshing and quite solidifying their musical direction. It is great to know they've just released an excellent EP titled Animal Disguise in august but yet keep on pushing the boundaries. They ended their epic performance with their classic Vermillion which always get's everyone singing and dancing all around the room.

Lastly came the one and only, Cordial! Their spectacle is worth every second of it! After personally thanking the crowd for coming, I introduce the band and so it starts. Their songs are kitted with dynamics and such grasping rythms and vocal delivery. Every member is there to add their touch and energie, allowing for spectators to truly lose themselves through the set. Their singer Emile has such control, he can even crowdsurf during songs and still manage to play his parts! They offered us a cover of Beau Dommage which was well appreciated and so well played! Orleanne, the violinist, was seen stepping aside from some songs, and many came to tell me she should be more on stage, stating their live sound has this Traditional touch to it due to the violon. Their famous cover of Belzébuth was delivered and almost trashed by a security guard who kept trying to stop things at midnight, but Cordial knew they had to deliver the goods and got to play it fully. 


The end. Thanks again for everyone who came, for those who didn't come, Mildew have a show 28th August along Cleanse, Elm and Violence City. Serial Milk are playing August 13 around Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu at 7h30. Cordial have yet to announce a show. Thank you Quai des Brumes encore for allowing such magic to happen. Video (I hope it works) is by Justin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Girls Listen to Museums and so should all washouts

September 12, Heavenly Blue, Chop Sue Me, Caniche 666 and Fielding

I'm the Lezart King! 🦎