Somet, Serial Milk and Ramure at la Toscadura!

Good Morning folks, here's a short review of a show that happened on 24th July at la Toscadura featuring Ramure, Serial Milk and Somet. It had been a while I hadn't been to any local show since I'm working in festival's and other God damn idiotic occupations, but on the 24th, I was quite ready to go see a show and have more than enough alcohol and some of the strangest adventures.
 
I took a lift, arrived in Montreal, got to cross path with a homeless person who freestyled for some money which left a sour impression upon my ears. I get it, he did it for the bucks, but honestly, he could've simply ran away with the money and never look back. For a first musical impression of the night, it was quite dire. But nonetheless, we travelled on, went to La Toscadura, a crowd of shimmering fools was waiting. They danced, they laughed, they drank, awaiting patiently for the show to start. The time comes, everyone's inside, Ramure are onstage and nothing is going to stop them tonight. Ramures' set was angelical. Maybe even ethereal, some contemporary pop mixed with keys, retaining yet a Kate Bush experimental allure. They softly raised the energy's room setting the tone for the rest of the night. I had never seen em' but definitely they're a band to keep an eye out for.

Next came Serial Milk. Their U2esque pop rock shoegazy sound had us on the edge of our toes all along the set. What is phenomenal with this band is how well they replicate their magical arrangements live compared to what is heard on the listening platforms. Their performance is not just insane, it's heavenly. On stage, they are synced all together even when the singer props up his occasional guitar. Their rendition of Vermilion was awaited and quite the performance. They brought a touch of craze to it, allowing the crowd to remember their name for centuries to come! 

Lastly was Somet. Melancholy at it's best they maintain an edge and wit to every song that defines not only their sound but also their fans. The first time I saw the band back then, I wasn't convinced, but with time I have this feeling they developed their stage presence. During their set, the crowd was at their feet, people were in trance to every note the band issued. Overall the night was a success, people were there for the music, the bands played great. It was such a great night that by the end, at 2 I fell asleep at l'Escogriffe standing up on the street and woke up at 4h23 with the birds singing. But that, that incoherent, incomprehensible moment came surely due to the intake of alcohol and not the music. Have a good one thanks for reading. Ramure are haven't yet announced another show, Serial Milk are playing at Quai des Brumes on the 1rst of August and Somet are playing Toronto on the 26th of July. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Girls Listen to Museums and so should all washouts

A night truly Cordial comme on dirait en français.

September 12, Heavenly Blue, Chop Sue Me, Caniche 666 and Fielding